Winter is a beautiful season, but most people need a break from the cold and snow. So, what could be better than taking the whole family on a beach vacation? Here are the top three states with family-friendly beaches to visit this winter.
- Musicians and street performances at Pier 60
- Special nightly events for people of every age
- Deep-sea fishing
- Scuba diving
Another great Florida location for families is Brohard Beach and Paw Park. Best yet, this awesome beach area welcomes your dog. Also, this beach is open daily from 7 a.m. to dusk. The amenities include:
- Picnic tables and restroom facilities with showers.
- Drinking fountains and benches.
- Fishing pier.
- Pet-friendly park.
- Bird and wildlife watching.
Laguna Beach is famous for being a trendy yet culturally-rich beach town. But it also offers a beautiful, classy atmosphere for walking with the family. There are lots of activities like playing volleyball on the beach. The top features include:
- Art tours, galleries and festivals.
- Kid-friendly activities.
The second of the top family-friendly beaches in California is Ocean Beach. In fact, there is something for everybody in this beautiful San Diego paradise. Some of the best activities include:
- A pier and boardwalk.
- Nature walks and parks.
- Sightseeing and landmarks.
- The Farmer’s Market.
- The Annual Chili Cookoff.
As you may know, Oahu is a tourist favorite. However, there are plenty of family-friendly beaches, accommodations and activities, too. They include:
- Shopping and dining on the beach.
- Luau shows and lei-making classes.
- Watersport activities
Maui is a beautiful island that could be the most family-friendly of them all. Also, many great attractions abound on Maui. Here are some of the things to do:
- Snorkeling and ziplining.
- Luaus and beach portraits.
- The trampoline park and the duck pond.
- Whale watching and “be a mermaid” activity.
- The Ocean Center and Lao Valley.
If your family needs a warm break from winter, visit these family-friendly beaches. Whether you want to go to Florida, California or Hawaii, you’ll find activities for all ages. So, have fun this winter vacation with your kids.