Do you know a new mom? Here are 25 gifts that would be the best for the new bundle of joy as well as the mom. You want to get some practical gifts, but also get some gifts that will make the mom smile. These gifts don’t have to be expensive because you can create handmade items that are meaningful, too. So here are 25 of the best baby shower gifts for a new mom and her baby.
Best Baby Shower Gifts for a New Baby
- Bib Set: Babies go through a ton of bibs each day. Give the baby some style by purchasing a bib set. These cute bibs come in nice colors and a variety of patterns. Purchase two sets at once so the mom will have extra bibs on hand.
- Board Books: As the baby becomes a toddler, they will need to learn a variety of new skills. Give the baby a head start by purchasing some board books the mom can read to them. Five to 10 inexpensive books will work for now. The books should have big pictures, bold colors, and interesting pictures to get the baby’s attention.
- Personalized Baby Blanket: Sleep supplies are important for babies, so a personalized baby blanket is a great gift. The baby will sleep tight in style. Also, it can become a keepsake to hold on to as they become an adult.
- Stylish Onesies: Forget the same boring onesies for the new baby. Instead, purchase some onesies that make a statement in an appropriate way. Purchase the onesie that starts at size one since babies grow quickly over a period of weeks.
- Baby Toys: Baby toys are good for an infant’s developmental skills over the next few months. So start by getting toys for babies ages two to three months. When the baby turns a year old, you can purchase toys that are geared towards toddlers.
- Non-Slip Socks and Booties: Socks and booties protect the baby’s soft feet. Also, they are helpful as the baby learns to crawl, stand and walk. So bring a few pairs of decorative non-slip socks to the baby shower.
- Nursery Décor: If you know the nursery’s theme and main colors, buy a few pieces of decor the mom might like. These might include a lamp, playmat, flowers, picture frames, sheets or slipcovers.
- Winter Baby Gear: If the baby will be born during the cold months, purchase some winter gear. They can include hats, gloves, leggings, coats, long-sleeve onesies and thick socks.
Best Baby Shower Gifts for New Moms
The new mom deserves some gifts, too. So here are some ideas for new moms:
- Homemade Freezer Meals: Since it will be challenging for the new to prepare meals during the first few weeks of motherhood, present her with a decorative container containing a homemade freezer meal. Make sure you label the freezer meal so she will know what she’s heating up.
- Subscription to Grocery Delivery Service: Many new moms can’t walk through a supermarket during the first few weeks to get groceries. So, help the new mom with a subscription to a grocery delivery service.
- Personalized Parenting Advice Book: While the Internet is flooded with parenting tips, nothing beats the advice of those who experienced motherhood. Gather the new mom’s relatives and friends to contribute handwritten advice inside a blank journal for her to refer to.
- Bathtime Supplies: When purchasing baby bathtime supplies, get the fragrance-free kind. Perfumed products might not be the best for a baby’s sensitive skin. In addition to the infant tub, you can get the baby shampoo, towels, lotion, toys and nail clippers.
- Diapers and Wet Wipes: Have each guest bring at least two boxes of diapers to the baby shower and two big bags of wipes. This would especially be helpful if the new mom is experiencing financial struggles due to a job loss or death of a spouse.
- Housecleaning Assistance: It is often challenging for new moms to maintain a tidy home while looking after the baby’s needs all day. So, offer to clean the house, so that the mom can get some much-needed rest.
- Spa Basket for Mom: Pamper the mom with a spa basket. Fill it with perfume, body lotion, scented shower gel and scented powder. Add a journal, a book and a box of gourmet chocolates. Include a card that encourages the mom on the journey she is entering.
These are the best baby shower gifts for a new mom and her baby. They are not only thoughtful, but they are also functional and helpful, too. Any new mom and her baby will appreciate one of these 15 gifts.