If you are looking for some inspiring Bible verses about mothers, Ecclesiastes is a book in the Old Testament of the Bible that seems to have an answer for everything, and that answer is “To everything, there is a season”. Things will come, and things will go, but God’s Word will be there through all of it. Sometimes, parenting can go through as many seasons as Florida on a spring day-one minute it could be smooth-sailing and clear skies, and the next, rough seas and 0% visibility. Ecclesiastes does make an excellent point, though. Through each of these seasons, God’s Word can provide solace, encouragement, and even some humor as a backdrop to these scenarios.
Since there are so many different parenting experiences that can seem to last forever, or change on a dime, there are lots of different verses that can seem appropriate for everything. Check out these Bible verses about mothers to carry them through the role they take on in all stages of parenting.
Table of Contents
Bible Verses About Mothers
For The Mothers Whose Babies Were Born Into Heaven
There is no pain on this earth like the pain of losing a child-whether the proof of that child’s life was just a little blue line, or you held them in your arms as they breathed their last. The pain of losing a child is so great, so immense, that it seems that nothing could ever soothe the ache from that loss. You are a mother to a child, and you have experienced love as a mother. As a Christian mother, the scripture is always there to provide comfort and rest to a soul that is confused and in pain. If you have experienced the pain of pregnancy/infant loss, these verses may lead you to some healing and comfort:
- “Be still.” Psalm 46:10
- “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you.” Isaiah 66:13
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.” Psalm 119:50
For Those Long Nights
Pregnancy and early days with a new baby can shake a new parent to the core. Sleepless nights turn into sleepless mornings, days turn into nights, weeks turn into months, and it seems a sleepless, relentless cycle with no end in sight. For the parents trying to find some faith-based humor in the midst of it all, 1 Corinthians 15:51 may be able to help: “Not all will sleep, but all will be changed.” Okay, in all fairness, this quote works since it is taken out of context. But, it can help after a long night to help remind us that nothing lasts forever and that things will get easier and better.
If humor isn’t quite what you are looking for, these motivational quotes can help you pray your way to sunrise after a long night with your sweet baby:
- “God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.” Hebrews 6:10
- “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
- “Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.” Philippians 2:14-15
In Times Of Transition
Whether your baby is taking their first steps, walking into their Kindergarten class, or graduating from High School, transitions can be intimidating-not only for the child, but especially for the Mother. The important thing we have to remember is that the love and knowledge mothers have shared with their children has prepared them for whatever comes next, and to let go and trust God. These Bible verses about mothers in transition can be helpful:
- For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” Isaiah 41:13
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:8-9
- “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jeremiah 29:11
When Patience Is Running Low
If the kids are fighting non-stop, or if the bills keep coming in and money is not, frustration can deplete a parent’s tank FAST. Frustration can be exhausting and contagious to all members of the household, and thinking of bible verses about mothers makes you want to flip straight to the book of Revelation. It is so important to take a step back and breathe deeply, but sometimes, it seems impossible to quiet a stressed-out mind long enough to remember to breathe. Lock yourself in the bathroom or hide in a closet for a few minutes and check out these Bible Verses for the stressed-out Mama:
- “Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.” Ecclesiastes 7:9
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” Psalm 18:2
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:6-8
When You Feel Grateful
Mamas, we don’t always admit it, but we don’t always feel grateful. When the moments pop up that we do feel it, though, we should take a second to acknowledge it. Here are some bible verses about mothers being grateful that can help to express our gratitude for these beautiful little humans we get to call “our own”.
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1
- “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Corinthians 1:4
Whatever stage you are in as a mother, the scripture will be there to give comfort and let you know that you are not alone on your journey. So take a deep breath, Mama. Read some bible verses about mothers for strength and inspiration when you need it. You’ve got this. And God has got you.
WANT TO READ MORE?
Check out this article on how to take your parenting game to the next level!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
????Let us help you be the best self you can be!????
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy, so you could relax and do more important tasks!
Photo Credit: Unsplash